Get the Skills for a Professional Office Career
17 Month Business Office Management Training Online or On Campus in BC
Office Managers handle organizational and administrative support tasks. If you’re organized, enjoy working with others and are looking to get established in a steady professional career, Discovery Community College’s Business Office Management program could be a great fit for you.
- Dec 6thBusiness Office Management: Business Office Management Discovery Community College - Online Office Managers handle organizational and administrative support tasks. If you’re organized, enjoy working with others and are looking to get established in a steady professional career, Discovery Community College’s Business Office Management program could be a great fit for you.https://discoverycommunitycollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/legal-office-administrator-hero.jpgDiscovery Community College
Why Upskilling is Essential in Today’s Job Market
Like many Canadians, you may be concerned about the rising cost of living and the need to find ways to increase your income potential. If you’re looking to stay ahead of the curve, training to obtain new qualifications could be a great solution.
Discovery Community College is dedicated to offering convenient, supportive, and affordable career training. With a range of funding options available, there has never been a better time to invest in upskilling. Contact us today to learn how we can help you get ahead in today’s job market.
Becoming a Skilled Office Management Professional
If you’re looking for a steady, reliable career, look no further than a career in office management. At Discovery Community College, we’re proud of our history of trainee success, including our 96% job placement rate**.
During this program, you will learn:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Project Management
- Business Operations Management
- Accounting & Finance Procedures
- Human Resources Management
- Sage 50 Accounting
- QuickBooks, Sage 50 and Striven
- Business Development & Marketing
- Starting a Business
- And more!
Upon completion of this program, you may pursue a career in office administration management, accounting and finance, project management, online marketing communications, social media management for business or non-profit organizations. You may even start your own business!
There has never been more funding for career training than there is right now. A variety of funding opportunities may be available to you, including WorkBC, Student Aid BC, and employment grants. An experienced Financial Aid Representative is available to answer any questions you may have, can assist with potential funding applications and help you discover the best options for your specific needs.
Is a Career in Office Management Right for You? Take the Discovery Community College “Business Office Management Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Professional Business Career Readiness Score Now >>
Business Office Skills (120 hours)
- Window Operating System (10 hours)
- Canada Essential Skills(10 hours)
- Common Office Features (16 hours)
- Digital Marketing Essentials (84 hours)
Certify with Words and Numbers (CWN) 240 hours.
- Microsoft Word (54 hours)
- Microsoft Word Certification: (28 hours)
- Microsoft Excel (54 hours)
- Microsoft Excel Certification: (28 hours)
- Introduction to Business Essentials (44 hours)
- Microsoft Planner (32 hours)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (40 hours)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Certification (24 hours)
- Microsoft Outlook (16 hours)
- Microsoft Outlook Certification (12 hours)
- Business Operations Management (24 hours)
- Microsoft Edge Browser (20 hours)
Social Media Marketing (104 hours)
Build Your Own Business (240 hours).
- Search Engine Optimization (112 hours)
- Start Your Own Business (128 hours)
Human Relations Management (28 hours)
- Essential Business & Accounting Skills (240 hours)
- Accounting Management (20 hours)
- Business Communications: (40 hours)
- Excel for Accounting (8 hours)
- Manual Bookkeeping (120 hours)
- Manual Payroll (24)
- Certified Digital Accounting (240 hours)
- Sage 50 Accounting (100 hours)
- Sage 50 Accounting Certification (20 hours)
- Striven – Small Business Software (44 hours)
- QuickBooks Online (60 hours)
- QuickBooks Online Certification (16 hours)
Employability Skills and Work Experience Preparation 20 hours.
Work Experience – Practicum 100 hours.
Business Office Management Program
As a ready-to-work graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Smoothly manage business operations from human resources to finance
- Oversee the accounting and financial requirements of any organization
- Manage business administration requirements to efficiently run business operations
- Proficiently use various software tools for communications and financial management and reporting
- Develop strong communication skills to support human resources and building entrepreneurial connections
- Create and oversee digital marketing strategies using social media, website content development and SEO tactics to help businesses grow
- Build a business plan and develop an entrepreneurial mindset
Upon completion of the program, learners are prepared to work in a variety of settings including service and retail, non-profit, government or starting their own business.
Class Delivery: On campus, blended online and on campus and 100% online classes offered, along with practicum placements in your local community.
Practical “On-The-Job” Training
As a learner in the Discovery Community College Business Office Management Diploma program, you’ll train hands-on during a 4-week practicum at a variety of sites in the community. Practicums are an excellent way to gain real-world experience, make important industry connections and try different aspects of the profession before you complete this program.
Successful ready-to-work graduates will enter the professional world with confidence, knowing they have both the theoretical classroom skills and the hands-on, practical experience to make a real difference in their new career. With career-focused Business Office Management training and dedicated support from Discovery Community College, you could be working in a rewarding new career or start your business!
High Placement Rate
Discovery Community College has a 96% job placement rate.** That is because we assess employment gaps within the community and then tailor the programs around that, giving you the exact skills that employers are looking for to fill their vacant positions.
Convenient Learning Options
At Discovery Community College, you don’t have to put your life on hold to start career training. We offer accessible learning including on-campus and blended on-campus with online learning options.
Many of our learners are raising families and some continue to work while training. We will help you choose a schedule that works for you.
As an international learner training at Discovery Community College, our co-op based training programs allows you to gain real-world experience in the community with a cooperative work experience placement upon completion of the program.
Almost 35 Years of Success
Discovery Community College has been training learners just like you for successful careers foralmost 35 years. Our college is a well-respected institution, who has formed alliances with numerous community partners. We are also registered with and designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia, formally PPSEC, since 1996.
Is Business Office Management Training Right For You?
If you’re interested in learning more about Business Office Management training and exploring whether this might be the career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information and a FREE Career Information Kit.
Our friendly and knowledgeable Admissions Representatives are also happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from courses to financial aid. To speak with an Admissions Rep right away, give us a call at 1-877-315-5241.