Are you a caring individual looking to give back to those in need? Become a practical nurse and you can help provide quality care to patients in a variety of different healthcare settings.
A practical nursing career is a rewarding one, and is perfect for anyone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Moreover, the employment outlook for licensed practical nurses across Canada is expected to rise. You’ll learn practical skills that can be applied all throughout your career, and you’ll also get to become a part of a diverse and supportive healthcare team committed to the wellbeing and comfort of patients. Becoming a practical nurse also gives you the chance to learn and grow by interacting with patients and other healthcare professionals.
Are you interested in pursuing a lucrative and meaningful career in healthcare? Check out the infographic below to find out why you should choose to become a licensed practical nurse!
5 Reasons to Study Practical Nursing
A Good Employment Outlook
- Practical nurses have real-world skills that employers need
- There will always be patients in need of care
- Job openings between 2015-2024 are expected to total 25,900
The number openings are projected to be higher than the amount of job seekers!
You Can Work in a Variety of Healthcare Settings
Licensed practical nurses can find employment in many different healthcare settings.
They can work in:
- Healthcare facilities
- Doctors Offices
- Long-term care facilities
- Home healthcare
- Travel nursing
- And more!
Practical Nurses Have Flexible Schedules
- Shifts can range from 4 to 12 hours a day
- Practical nurses can choose to work full-time or part-time
- Practical nurses can work either mornings or evenings
- Enjoy great work/life balance
Did you know? Some practical nurses can be considered full time and just work 3 days a week!
Practical Nurses Make a Difference
Few careers are as rewarding as that of a practical nurse.
Becoming a practical nurse means that you can:
- Help people who are in need
- Volunteer abroad
- Help save lives
- Adapt and learn to overcome new challenges!
Practical Nursing Programs Help You Get Job-Ready Fast
Complete your studies in 2 years with our Generic Program, and 75 weeks with our Access program!
- Complete your studies in less than 2 years!
- Gain hands-on experience in an actual healthcare setting
- Practical nurses earn an average of $24.72 per hour