Career-Focused Training. Flexible Learning Options. Passionate Instructors. Experience the Discovery Difference…
For almost 35 years, Discovery Community College has helped thousands of people just like you get the training and credentials it takes to succeed – personally and professionally. You’re invited to explore our career training options and get the answers you need to make an informed decision about your future.
Like many Canadians, you may be concerned about the rising cost of living and the need to find ways to increase your income potential. If you’re looking to stay ahead of the curve, training to obtain new qualifications could be a great solution.
Discovery Community College is dedicated to providing career training in a way that is convenient, supportive and affordable. We’re proud to offer various funding options so you can invest in your future. There has never been more funding for career training than there is right now.
If you’re interested in learning more about Discovery’s career training programs and how we can help you get ahead in today’s job market, contact us today. Discovery Community College is regulated by the Ministry of Advanced Education.
Next Program Start Dates
- Feb 28thCommunity Support Worker - Daytime Wednesday-Friday program (available in all locations): Community Support Worker - Daytime Wednesday-Friday program (available in all locations) Discovery Community College - Online Are you passionate about helping the most vulnerable people in your community? With Discovery Community College's 56-week Community Support Worker program, you can make a difference in your community and affect positive change in the lives of others.https://discoverycommunitycollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/triplePic2.pngDiscovery Community College
- Mar 13thJustice & Community Support - daytime Wednesday – Friday program: Justice & Community Support - daytime Wednesday – Friday program Discovery Community College - Online The Justice & Community Safety Leadership program from Discovery Community College prepares you with the skills and knowledge needed for an entry-level career in the safety or security field. Learn what it takes to help serve your community. https://discoverycommunitycollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/AdobeStock_157022995-scaled-e1664207839672.jpegDiscovery Community College
- Mar 13thSecurity Professional - Enhanced Security & Community Safety Certificate -daytime Wednesday – Friday program: Security Professional - Enhanced Security & Community Safety Certificate -daytime Wednesday – Friday program Discovery Community College - Online Security Guards monitor people and buildings in an effort to prevent crime. The Security and Community Safety program will prepare you to excel in the dynamic field of security and protection services.https://discoverycommunitycollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/AdobeStock_237191652-scaled-e1689968378918.jpegDiscovery Community College
Is Career Training Right for You? Take the Discovery Community College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Career Readiness Score Now >>
- Healthcare, Medical and Dental
Are you interested in working in the exciting and rewarding field of healthcare? Enter a truly fulfilling career path with Discovery Community College's Medical and Dental programs, which range from 38 to 93 weeks in length. Programs include Practical Nurse, Dental Assistant, Health Care Assistant, and more! Learn more.
- Justice & Crisis Response
During the Justice & Community programs, you'll get the skills and training to start rewarding a career where you help others. Learn more about Discovery Community College's Justice & Community programs, which can be completed in just over 1 year. Programs include Justice & Community Safety Leadership, Security & Community Safety and more! Learn more.
What Sets Us Apart?
Career-Focused Training – As a Discovery learner, all of your time will be spent on relevant skills you’ll use on the job. You can enter the workplace knowing that you have the skills to succeed. Programs range from 14-week certificate to 93-week diploma programs.
On-Campus & Virtual Classroom Options – Discovery offers accessible scheduling options including full-time, part-time, evening and weekend as well as virtual classroom training options. Choose the schedule that best fits your life.
High Grad Placement Rate – Discovery Community College has a 96% job placement rate*. That’s because we assess employment gaps within the community and then tailors the programs around that, giving you the exact skills that employers are looking for to fill their vacant positions.
A Culture of Caring – At Discovery, you’ll never feel like a number. We believe in the power of community and we surround ourselves with staff and faculty who go above and beyond to provide the level of attention you need, when you need it.
Industry-Recognized Training – Since 1996, Discovery Community College has been active within the community, building strong employer relationships. We have a reputation for producing fully skilled and ready-to-work graduates who are sought after by local employers.
At Discovery Community College, we are dedicated to providing you with the knowledge and hands-on training you need so you can start a successful career.
Ready to take the next step? You can apply to Discovery Community College quickly and easily. Our friendly and knowledgeable Admissions Team are here to help.
Convenient Learning Options
At Discovery Community College, you don’t have to put your life on hold to start career training. We offer accessible learning options including on-campus, online and blended learning options. Choose the schedule that best fits your life.
Get the skills and hands-on training you need to succeed through our on-site campuses. By attending one of our campuses throughout British Columbia, you’ll receive the practical experience that employers look for. Get a tour of our on-campus labs and see if Discovery is right for you!
Blended learning is a great option for individuals juggling work and family responsibilities, people who can’t easily commute to campus every day, and individuals who have difficulty concentrating in a traditional classroom setting.
There are many benefits to completing your education virtually online, including the chance to work when you want, where you want. So whether you’re working full-time, raising your family, or have other important priorities, Discovery Community College is here to help you gain professional development skills at a pace you can keep up with.
As an international learner studying at Discovery Community College, our co-op based training programs allows you to gain real-world experience in the community with a 52-week cooperative work experience placement upon completion of the program.
Not Sure if You're Ready for Career Training? Find Out! Take the Discovery Community College “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now >>
At Discovery Community College, your academic success is our top goal. Our Training Service Coordinators are here to help support your career goals. Academic support, assistance with finding practicums, and long-term communication with ready-to-work graduates are just some of the ways our Training Services team is here to help you succeed.
Is Discovery Community College Career Training Right For You?
If you’re interested in learning more about programs at Discovery College and exploring which career path is best for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
Our friendly and knowledgeable Admissions Representatives are happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from courses to financial aid.
To speak with an Admissions Advisor right away, give us a call at 1-877-315-5241.